Billing Schedule & Rates
|Quarter||Billing Period||Bills Mailed||Payment Due|
|First||January 1 - March 31||April 7-10||April 30|
|Second||April 1 - June 30||July 7-10||July 31|
|Third||July 1 - September 30||October 7-10||October 31|
|Fourth||October 1 - December 31||January 7-10||January 31|
Failure to receive bills does not exempt residents of penalties.
- 1% per month on all past due balances
- 10% will be assessed November 1st for balances due prior to September 30th
All City residences are charged a $15 per quarter Stormwater fee. Businesses are charged based on ERU's.
All vacant lots are charged $8 per quarter for water availability until the building is connected for service. View information on quarterly meter use charges.
2018 Volumetric Usage Charge
(Please also click on the quarterly meter use charge above for that charge)
- First 35,000 gallons used each quarter - $4.25 per 1,000 gallons
- Next 465,000 gallons used each quarter - $4.15 per 1,000 gallons
- Over 500,000 gallons used each quarter - $3.30 per 1,000 gallons
All vacant lots are charged $69.61 per quarter for sewer availability until the building is connected for service. Residential users are charged $2.2588 per 1,000 gallons used and a $168.68 per unit use and connection charge per quarter. Non-metered sewer use charges are $209.33 per quarter, which is based on $168.68 per unit use and connection charge per quarter and $40.65 usage charge, which is based on MMSD's estimated residential volume of 17,995 gallons per quarter.
Commercial, industrial, and public sewer use charges are $7.37 per 1,000 gallons used plus $69.62 for connection charges per quarter.
Meter Reading Schedule for 2018:
- 1st Quarter - February 19th to February 28th
- 2nd Quarter - May 17th to May 25th
- 3rd Quarter - August 16th to August 24th
- 4th Quarter - November 14th to November 21st